Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 2, 2016

To blog or not to blog?

So I have been really bad at blogging lately. By lately, I mean the past four months. It's funny because I intended to write at least four times a week in 2016, hoping to have a minimum of 150 posts by the end of the year. I'm pretty sure that will not happen now.

Sure, I could spout some excuse. I've been busy with work. I've been trying to corral two cats, one of whom doesn't understand how litter boxes work. I've been planning my wedding. See, you guys? I am just so, so stretched for time that I hardly have time to sit down and watch Hulu, much less write an entertaining and/or worthwhile blog post.

I could say that, but it's just not true. I did get promoted at work this year, which has taken quite a bit of my time. That doesn't mean I haven't had free time. I have. I'm writing this after my workday has ended, so it's fair to say I can find the time. I think it's more that I don't have the inspiration I used to have. Because it's my job to write something every day, it can be difficult to continue writing when I get home and put on my stretchy pants and lounge in front of the TV with a cup of black tea and a ham, cheese and spicy mustard sandwich. (Perhaps that was too much detail, but you definitely have an idea of what I do in my free time now. The sandwich is on honey wheat bread, if you were wondering.)

In theory, I should have quite a bit of material to write about. A gorilla was just shot at the Cincinatti Zoo, Donald Trump is going to be the Republican nominee in the presidential race and Gideon and I have just started watching Game of Thrones.

This is what I found when I googled "Donald Trump Game of Thrones gorilla." And now it's probably going to be the image that shows up when I share this on social media, so that's thoroughly embarrassing.
But wait, there's more! Here's an exhaustive list of things I could write about if I stopped being so damn lazy all the time:
  • Transgender people and bathrooms
  • Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris (they allegedly broke up...NEWSBREAKING!)
  • The cats Gideon and I constantly clean up after 
  • How summertime brings out spiders and, in turn, the worst in me
  • How summertime brings out higher temperatures and, in turn, the worst in me
  • How I hate summer
  • What our cats would be like if they were Game of Thrones characters
  • Wedding planning
  • What it's like to be a journalist
  • What Gideon is like when he gets his wisdom teeth removed
  • How much it sucks when you have an itch on your back that you can't reach and no one's home to reach it for you so you try to scratch it against the wall but end up completely missing it and somehow bruising your left shoulder blade (again, perhaps too specific)
  • Wedding dress shopping
  • The art of farting silently when you're at a public event and it would be inappropriate to just let it rip (I am very experienced in this)
There is so much I could write about. The options are endless. And yet here I am, writing about these posts instead of writing the posts themselves. I am a terrible blogger.

Update: I wrote this earlier this week and just remember to publish and share it. So I can always get worse!




No comments:

Post a Comment