Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

An exciting announcement!

So I don't think I've written a new post in about a month now. I wish I could say it was a planned break, but it was more like one of those things you procrastinate so long that it becomes too awkward to start up again.

Examples include: finishing that short story you were so excited about in the beginning, responding to your mom's text about a Christmas list, reorganizing your holiday decorations before the holidays come back around, feeding your cat, etc.

To be fair, I've been incredibly busy this past month. The holidays are traditionally hectic at the paper (I can definitely say that as a an employee of a little over a year) and I've been trying to figure out what to write about that would be seasonal, informative, compelling and important. I'll admit it's quite a task, but when you love what you do it feels a lot less like work and a lot more like sitting on a beach sipping a strawberry margarita as an attractive, shirtless Hispanic man tells you that he thought the series finale of Lost was actually underrated.

The most notable thing that happened in the past four weeks is that Gideon and I had our picture taken for our Christmas cards. There is nothing like taking a photo with your racially ambiguous boyfriend to realize just how white you are. Proof:

Wearing a white sweater didn't help. That one's on me.
Sam, I'm sure you're saying right now, you promised us an announcement and all you've talked about is how you want a Hispanic man to talk Lost to you. That's fair. To the announcement!

Gideon and I are going to start a series of Christmas movie reviews throughout December. We're calling it "23 Days of Christmas Reviews." We thought about writing 25 reviews but decided to stop working completely once all the eating starts. 

That will begin on Dec. 1, and hopefully we'll post a new review each day. Consider it our Christmas present to you. Since I plan on making Gideon sit through one of the Air Bud Christmas movies. you can consider this one of the most expensive gifts you'll get this holiday season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment