Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Attempts at dieting, part 10,000

Because I'm getting married some time in the next year, I've started buckling down on dieting again. I didn't write about it much last year but I definitely fell off the wagon in the fall and stayed there throughout December. I really enjoyed it, too.

Sadly, my days of eating sugary snacks and huge breakfasts are over. I have started an incredibly painful diet where I don't eat grain or much processed food. For the past two days, I've had two boiled eggs for breakfast and a huge trail mix for lunch. Gideon created the trail mix; it's basically a mixture of peanuts, dried cranberries and cashews.  It's surprisingly filling but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss my burger and fries.

(Pizza too. I miss pizza a lot.)

A woman in my office recommended that I cut out grain after she and her father did it. She explained that her father was on several diabetes medications and now takes only one because of the diet. If I weren't trying to look super hot in a wedding dress, the health benefits alone would have convinced me to try this.

I'm on Day Three and things are going well. That said, I'm well aware of how susceptible I am to yo-yo dieting. I've been trying and failing to diet since I was 13. During college, I stopped dieting completely and let myself go. It was not good. I've lost maybe 60 pounds over the past three years, including last year's impressive six-month streak.

From January to June last year, I stuck to a strict diet of 1,300 calories a day. July came around and I thought, "Who needs dieting? I'll just stay this size now!" It will surprise no one that I did not stay that size. Now that I have a wedding to look forward to, I've got some solid motivation and a short time to execute it.

I'm not sure if it will result in anything other than me crying every night, but I'll try it anyway.

I am sure that pizza is delicious and I miss it very much. RIP pizza. We had a good run. I'll see you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment