Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

To shave or not to shave?

Winter is my second favorite season because it means shaving my legs is optional. I haven't shaved my legs since we got back from Alabama a little less than a month ago, and I have loved every moment of it.*

*Yeah, Mom, I haven't shaved my legs in almost a month and you can't do anything about it! What are you going to do? Drive up to Eureka Springs, razor in hand? Ha! (I'm kidding. Please don't do this, Mom. I love you. You're my favorite mom.)

 Last night before going to sleep, I rubbed my awful hairy leg against Gideon's manly hairy leg. He was dozing off but I wanted to tell him a joke so I shook him awake and told him there were angry men with guns trying to break down our door. (I didn't do the last part. I should have.) He finally managed to groggily say, "What?" 

"For our save the dates we should have a photo of our hairy legs next to each other and we can write, 'Shave the Date,'" I said.

"Haha."

He fell back asleep.

I jostled him awake again five minutes later, this time telling him a tornado had unexpectedly ripped through our living room. (I didn't do that either. I should have.) He asked me what I wanted - again - and I told him I had reworked the plan for our Save the Date cards.

"We can just have a photo my hairy leg with 'Shave the Date' written over it. But it'll be like a lottery ticket and you can scratch off that part to reveal the actual date!" I exclaimed.

"Haha."

He was not really laughing. 

Out of curiosity, I got out of bed and searched for "Shave the Date" to see if any other couples had come up with my brilliant plan. I found only one wedding-related result:

I'm sorry, Ken and Monica, but my idea is much better than yours. Also, that ampersand is really annoying.
My original idea still stands. 

To answer the question posed in the title of this post, of course I'm not going to shave. If staying hairy gives me material this great, I'm going to let my inner hippie run free.

No comments:

Post a Comment