Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Snow Daze

We got snow Sunday night. And Monday morning. And Tuesday night.

It has been a disappointment.

While white and beautiful, the snow has completely hindered my week. I spent all day Monday working from home, fielding multiple phone calls at once on my cell phone and constantly texting my boss about various work things. Gideon made me tea and sat quietly in the living room, which definitely prevented me from murdering him. (Work Sam is not to be messed with.)

Once my nine-hour workday was over, I suggested to Gideon that we go outside to build a snowman. I bundled up and grabbed some chocolate chips, a winter hat and a scarf for Mr. Snowman. Unfortunately, it was not meant to be. The snow was too fluffy and fell apart in my gloved hands every time I attempted to roll out a ball. We settled on a snow angel, but I couldn't get off the slippery ground well and ended up mutilating the whole thing.

It was a massacre. My tail between my legs, I scuttled back into the apartment and watched one of those true crime shows while drinking my third cup of tea that day. All in all, it wasn't bad. But - and I hate to say this, because snow days are definitely fun - I hated being away from work and feeling like I was falling behind.

I could blame myself for this, since I didn't drive to work and camp out the night before knowing we would receive snow and ice. But instead I'll blame the snow and ice, because I am a huge fan of projecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment