Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Adventures in pissing off the cat

We bought BJ one of those attachable lion manes yesterday. It attaches around his neck, and I hoped he'd end up looking like Mufasa. All the photos I had seen on the internet had misled me to believe this would happen.

What an adorable little predator!
Sure the cat in that photo seems displeased, but he/she/however the feline identifies is at least making eye contact with the camera. If a random cat on the internet could begrudgingly wear that thing around its neck, I thought my cat would rock it with actual enthusiasm.

Like the time I misidentified two of the presidents on Mount Rushmore, I was wrong. BJ proved difficult from the very start; as I snapped the mane around his neck, he whined at me and attempted to scratch me with his back claws. I persevered out of sheer curiosity, hoping he'd enjoy it once it was on him. 

He did not. He completed a backwards zombie Thriller dance while loudly meowing. When Gideon first saw BJ, he said he didn't know what was going on. Our conversation:

Gideon: Sam, we have to take that off. 
Me: I know, but doesn't he look so cute?
Gideon (laughing): I thought he was having a seizure at first. He's an old man. Let's not dress him up in costumes.
Me: But doesn't he look so cute?

We promptly removed the mane but not before taking a few selfies, because we aren't monsters. Here is my little Mufasa:

"Why do I let these people feed me?" - BJ, probably
"I think I believe in hell now." - BJ, probably
BJ stayed mad at me for a surprisingly long time. He didn't even come running when I said, "Wet food! Wet food!" As we all know, that's his siren call. 

Things have calmed down now, but that doesn't mean he won't get revenge by pooping in my shoes. I'll update on that at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment