Total Pageviews

Monday, September 21, 2015

Is it too late?

During a conversation with a friend, I jokingly suggested creating a "Late Year's Resolution." The specific resolution was to stay in touch better; it would be successful, I said, because it's difficult to fall off the wagon so late in the year.

Since I overthink everything, I started wondering why a Late Year's Resolution isn't a thing. It's arguably easier than a New Year's Resolution and it could help prevent January Remorse. 
 January Remorse [noun - Jan-u-air-y ree-mor-ssssss] 
1. The feeling of completely failing the entire year prior; often leads to a New Year's Resolution
2. A cute nickname for the unattractive person you drunkenly made out with at a New Year's Eve party
"I was terrible for only three-quarters of the year!" you'll gleefully exclaim. 

In no particular order, here are my proposed Late Year's Resolutions:
  1. Eat ice cream only once a week.
  2. Remember to feed the cat when Gideon is at work.
  3. Replace at least two of the tires on my car before Christmas.
  4. Buy better Christmas gifts than I receive and gloat at how I have the upper-hand.
  5. Wear eyeliner twice a week.
  6. Demolish the turkey at Thanksgiving and brag about it after.
  7. Pay off a third of student loans.
  8. Re-watch Lost. (Yes, the entire series.)
What about you? Do you also plan on buying the best Christmas gifts in the world? The answer to that question is: "No, you do not and HOW DARE YOU TRY TO STEAL MY THUNDER!"

No comments:

Post a Comment