Total Pageviews

Monday, September 29, 2014

It is Monday.

I got to work at 7 a.m. this morning and I just got a break right now. I have another meeting at 5 p.m. today so I actually have only 30 minutes to write something substantial for the blog. And, of course, I am coming up drier than insert-obvious-inappropriate-metaphor-here.

I know I cultivate kind of a positive image for myself online, but you should know my life isn't always great. Sometimes I come home and yell at my cat for meowing and at my boyfriend for doing the dishes when he damn well knew I was planning to do the dishes. While I make myself seem like a pretty awesome person online, I rarely live up to the image I create in real life. (Gideon and my friends might disagree and that's really sweet of them. But they are wrong.)

It gives me comfort to think of this when I see my Facebook friends post about all the happy things going on in their lives. "Just bought my first home!" their status will read. "My mortgage is a bitch," I will mutter for them, hoping to supplement their happy news with a bit of reality and to also give myself some relief at having just gotten rental insurance (and only because my mother did it behind my back, which I am secretly grateful for even though I will grumble if she asks how I feel about it) after living in my apartment for over two months.

So the next time you see me go on and on about how happy I am, keep in mind that sometimes I lock myself in the bathroom with a pint of gelato and watch Keeping up with the Kardashians and cry. Life is never perfect, and I know that because this mundane post I wrote about not having time to write morphed into me confessing to watching Kim Kardashian's wedding special on the toilet.


No comments:

Post a Comment