Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Runner, Runner?

I have taken up running. Don't worry; I won't become one of those annoying running enthusiasts. I hate running, jogging speed walking and any other form of outdoor exercise. There's no air conditioner. There's no attractive older man next to you. There's not even a water fountain or a bathroom. Still, I have decided to try it, mostly because it lifts my mood to do physical activity after a long day at work and I don't really have the funds right now to get a new gym membership.

Yesterday was my first official run. In lieu of narrating it in long paragraphs - I do want to keep your attention, after all - I'll present a timeline of the run. (Keep in mind that I gave myself only 35 minutes because I had to pick Gideon up from work at 7 p.m. and didn't have the time to run for an hour. Also, I didn't want to.)

Timeline of My Thoughts During My First Real Run Ever

  • 6:05 p.m. - Wow, this isn't too bad. 
  • 6:08 p.m. - How long has it been? Five minutes? Ten? 
  • 6:10 p.m. - It's nice that I can finally see all the scenery in Eureka Springs I'd miss otherwise.
  • 6:12 p.m. - Oh, look, a deer! 
  • 6:16 p.m. - I should probably start walking on the opposite side of the road to avoid being hit by a car.
  • 6:20 p.m. - Yay, time to turn around! That was fun. 
  • 6:25 p.m. - I've seen this tree already.
  • 6:26 p.m. - That mailbox is no longer interesting. 
  • 6:28 p.m. - HI DEER YOU ARE BORING NOW
  • 6:30 p.m. - I have to be almost home.
  • 6:32 p.m. - THIS WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA. THIS SCENERY IS TERRIBLE. I HATE EVERYTHING.
  • 6:34 p.m. - I think I am dying.
  • 6:35 p.m. - I wonder if I can just curl into a ball and roll down the parking lot to my apartment. 

It was terrible. I am going to add 15 minutes to it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment