Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 1, 2015

An ode to October

October has arrived!

I love Oompa Loompa leaves.

Fall is my favorite time of the year, and October really kicks it off. It probably sounds a little wacky, but I could actually smell October in the air when I woke up this morning. This is mostly because we slept with the windows open last night to lower our electric bill. When I woke up, it was so cold I had to put on pants! I'm very excited about this. 

Aside from the onslaught of pants-wearing weather, I love how the colors change in October. The leaves have already started to take on a noticeably red-orange huge in the town I live in. Just a few days ago, a red leaf fell into my hand during my regular walk. I loved it. 

Other things I love about October (in no particular order - I don't pick favorites) are:
  • Hot coffee
  • Scarves
  • No air conditioning
  • Yummy baked goods
  • Halloween
  • How no one will question why you have five large bags of assorted chocolate in your home
  • Scary movies
  • Closed-toe shoes
  • Boots!
  • The beginning of the winter coat
  • The promise of Thanksgiving and Christmas
  • Tights (this means you don't have to shave your legs!)
  • Holiday decor
  • How cute my yellow cat looks when he sits on a balcony of fallen red/orange/yellow leaves
  • Fall TV
  • Probably 10 million other things
I'm sure it makes me "basic" to enjoy fall so much. But if you're judging me based on a season I prefer, perhaps you should check yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment