Total Pageviews

Monday, October 12, 2015

Weekend roundup

I don't have any time to write anything substantial today, but I do feel I should say something about how enjoyable this past weekend was. My mom and nana visited Eureka Springs for my birthday and we spent all day Saturday shopping downtown.

At one point, Nana forgot to close the dressing room door while trying on a shirt. The poor salesgirl didn't know what to do so she just awkwardly laughed, probably because my mom couldn't stop laughing. In her defense, it was absolutely the right response.

Saturday night, we ate at this really delicious steakhouse in town. It's called Gaskins Cabin and I think I'd give up my firstborn for its soup du jour. Who am I kidding? I know I would.

I probably ate more this weekend than I've eaten all year. In the interest of full disclosure, here is my weekend food count:
  • Two slices of a pineapple, chicken and bacon pizza
  • The crust of my mother's last slice of pizza
  • Assorted breakfast items, including a biscuit and four slices of bacon
  • A pumpkin pie latte
  • Mango mint tea
  • Shrimp cocktail, macaroni and cheese, fresh bread, burgundy mushroom soup, prime rib with au jus and angel hair alfredo
  • Double chocolate cookie
  • Granola cereal, toast, fruit and apple juice
  • Three tacos, rice and beans, and way too much chips and salsa
  • A cream-filled donut
  • MORE macaroni and cheese
I have no idea how I haven't burst yet. And yes, I loved every minute of it. I wish I'd thought to take a photo of any of that food, but I scarfed it down so fast you would've thought I was a competitive eater or something. Sadly, I'm back to eating 1400 calories a day and wishing I didn't care about my health or appearance.

I'm also back to missing my family. That isn't so great, but I'm happy I got to see them at all. They'll be back on Thanksgiving, which is my second favorite holiday. In the meantime, I'll be impatiently anticipating all the food family time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment