Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Money saving ideas from a poor person: FALL/WINTER EDITION!

Cold weather is beginning to grace Northwest Arkansas with its presence. I hate summer almost as much as I hate Dawn Ostroff - the awful woman who cancelled Veronica Mars in 2007 - so I'm pretty excited about needing to wear multiple layers when I go outside.

This also gives me another chance to bring out my inner Suze Orman. I previously wrote about ways to save money when you're just breaking through lower middle class here, and I meant every word of it.

Little known Suze Orman fact: She has birthed at least two Oompa Loompas.*

Unfortunately, I have only one winter-based money saving tip. Fortunately, it's a really, really good one. I tested it out last night just to be sure it works, because I don't want to get sued by any of you two readers out there. (Hi, Mom!)

As we all know, winter can get cold. It can get so cold that you might consider turning on the heat to avoid losing a few fingers to hypothermia. DON'T DO THIS! This is how the utility companies scam you. Instead, layer up. Put on as many clothes as you possibly can without suffocating to death. If you have a chunky winter scarf, throw that around your neck! Wear at least three pairs of socks, and be sure to don a pair of leggings under a pair of fleece pajama pants. 

In the end, you should look something like this:

Could I BE saving any more money?

With the money you save on utility bills, you can eat real food at least two nights a week! Oh, the luxury.

*I have really been on an Oompa Loompa kick lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment